Sunday, March 16, 2014

Still Hollow Trail Half Marathon

Still Hollow Trail Half Marathon
Aug. 10, 2013 - Chattanooga, TN

Distance: 13.1 Miles
Elevation Gain: Unknown

Time: 2:18:43
Place: 64th / 159 finishers
Finishers Percentile: 60th Percentile






This race was 7 months ago, but I will try to remember some details. This was my FIRST trail race that I participated in. I didn't get any sleep the night before because I was so excited for the race. The 10k runners did the first 6.1 miles with us and we kept on going. Some things that I learned were: 
  1. Don't start the race off too fast
  2. CARRY some sort of water (this was my first event, I didn't know anything)
I probably learned more, but this is all I can remember. I was SO tired at the end of the race, which is funny now because I can run 30 miles and feel less tired today than I felt after that half marathon in August. I thought the trails were very fun, I loved running through the tall pines. It was a very hilly, up and down course, which I did not train for very well. Overall, it was a great first race to get my feet wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment